Powered By Blogger

Sunday 9 November 2014

How To: Know Anyone Is Admirable

'You don't know how many people you are inspiring by being you.' Inspiration for this post came from Judge Cheryl Fernadez-Versini on X Factor.

I think this is true of anybody. Everybody has a reason, big or small, to want to hide away. It may be something you have to conquer daily which for most of us is the case. The troubles I have are noticeable and in case you don't know or have forgotten, I am in a wheelchair. The things I conquer or achieve on a daily basis are quite obvious.

You don't know how many people are looking up to you, because of how you look, the enthusiadsm you inspire in others, your drive, your power etc. There are so many reasons people could see you as a role model and they're not always for reasons you'd expect.

For instance, a few years ago, I admired someone I saw at a football match. Anyone who knows me knows football and sport in general is not my favourite past-time. But, I was at this game, much to my dis-satisfaction and I saw this girl who was seemingly clapping at the opportune moments of the game. I kept my eye on her throughout - clapping and cheering when she did. I didn't know this person but she did the right things at the right time. She was the example I based myself on at that football match.

So although people may be far from perfect in their endeavours, people are always looking for someone, a example, to base themselves on. If only at first.

Steph

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment