Powered By Blogger

Sunday 25 May 2014

How To: Be Ok When You're Different!

We are all at different stages of our lives - every minute (second) of every day and just because you haven't had what someone else had by this stage in their life doesn't make it wrong and most importantly, it doesn't make you weak. I'm quite relieved that I didn't have to go through everything that Harry Potter did by the ttime I was eighteen. I know you're saying 'He's a literary character' but you know what I mean. Wishing your life away until you have what someone else has got is not good for you. It's not good for your health. We all get handed different opportunities and some we seize and some we don't. This can be for many reasons ie. the timing's not right etc. Everyone has different paths through life - it is not a race, though oftentimes it feels like it. It's all right to feel broken sometimes, but it's important at those times to be able to pick yourself up and make yourself feel better. Knowing that you are good enough and strong enough to not let this knock down be the end of you is what you need to be sure of. Life gives its strongest members the toughest storms because it knows that you can take it. At the last moment before I intended to end my life - I burst into tears because I thought of my Grandfather - who was somewhat of a hero to me - and I didn't go through with it. There must be a reason why I'm here in the present. And I've kept hold of that belief.

And I'm a bit different - writing my lyrics and putting them on here for you to see. 'Without music behind it, it's a bit of a dead end.' I know that but I like the idea that people can make up their own melodies and/or just read the lyrics as a story. I am good at writing stuff like that. And just because one person doesn't like it - doesn't mean other people don't appreciate what I'm trying to do. I have to keep reminding myself of that one.

Steph

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment