Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 6 November 2013

'Your One' and silly teenage crush!


‘Your One’

This song was written about Danny Jones. He meant a lot to me when I wrote it. He was my teenage crush so I guess I always pictured him ending up with me, as most girls do with their celebrity crush. Now I think I’ve grown out of this, and he’s proposed to Miss Georgia Horsley (a Miss England) and I could not be happier for him. I guess it was at uni when I finally stopped my obsession. At home I have an awesome big copy of the picture that 'One Thing' was 'supposedly' written about (if you haven't see it check it out here: http://stephcarfrae.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/one-thing.html) I guess by my eighteenth it had gotten a little silly in my mind to hold onto fantasies and the next few years while I met them consecutively, I kind of grasped that Danny was beautiful (to say the least) but I didn't/couldn't really connect with him. And I know now that I deserve a guy I can really connect with and not one that just looks good in photos.

 Anyway here’s the lyric and I hope you enjoy:

 

YOUR ONE

 

V1:

You think the world of your latest love

But I’ve seen men in her stride get confused and used

I’m just telling you you might wanna back off

Cos if not it may happen to you too

I know you deserve much better

That’s why she’s scarlet letter

Cos you are so nice

I can’t bear to see you frozen like ice

 

Chorus:

She comes down like lightning

In a bad storm

The air is tightening

Cos you really think she’s your one

I’ll be on the sidelines

Encouraging you on

Till that special moment comes

And you find your one

 

V2:

How could you not see it’s been me for so long?

I role played and pretended that I was just a friend

I knew from the very first day I saw your face

That you were my light gonna have to win this fight

But right now you’re happy in love

I don’t mind waiting around

Cos you are so perfect

Make every minute of this life worth it

(Repeat Chorus)

M8:

And I don’t know if you’ll ever see

My plead yes it’s me

So don’t let her drag you down too far

Even if she does you’re still my shining star

(Repeat Chorus)

 

Copyright © 2010 Stephanie Carfrae. All rights reserved.

 

Please leave me a comment below if you can!

If you want a ‘Lyric Your Name’ please email me at: stephcarfrae@yahoo.co.uk . If you have a topic or something you’d like me to discuss please email me at stephcarfrae@yahoo.co.uk, tweet me (@steph_carfrae) or leave a comment below. Thank you and thank you for reading!

 

Steph

 

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment