Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 13 November 2013

'Acceptance'

I wrote this at university in my first year. While acceptance is a very important ting, this, is, of course, relationship-based. It was actuall written before I had met his girlfriend so I had foresight! Anyway, I hope you like it! Here it is:


ACCEPTANCE

 

Chorus:

I’ve gotta learn acceptance

Acceptance that I will never be your girl

Acceptance that I could never change your world

Acceptance that I could never no no ever compare to her

 

V1:

You smile at me then turn away

Oh how I wish I didn’t feel this way

Cos there’s nothing that I could ever do

To prove just how much I love you

At night when I turn my eyes away from the world

I can’t imagine me as anyone else’s girl

(Repeat Chorus)

V2:

There will come a time when you begin to cry

And I’ll be here for you and I always will do

My best to make the pain go away

But really there’s not much I can say

Cos it hurts so much watching you walk away

Without being able to wrap you in my love day and day

(Repeat Chorus)

M8:

I’ll learn to accept these things just give me time

But then you gaze your eyes into mine

And then you say

Accept that you are the girl

Who has changed my world

Accept that you will never be her

I’m glad you won’t cos that bitch hurts.

 

Copyright © 2010 Stephanie Carfrae. All Rights Reserved.



 Thank you for reading. If you are interested in putting music to this, or any of my previous posted lyrics please email me at stephcarfrae@yahoo.co.uk. If you would like a 'Lyric Your Name' for yourself or another, please email me at stephcarfrae@yahoo.co.uk with 'Lyric Your Name' as the title! Quick turnaround. Thanks. If you have any topics you'd like me to discuss please send an email to stephcarfrae@yahoo.co.uk, tweet me (@steph_carfrae) or leave a comment below! Thank you for reading!
 
Steph
 
XxX


No comments:

Post a Comment