Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 12 December 2012

'I'll Tell You'

I confess myself a little disappointed as I was met with no responses from my previous post. But enough of that, I don't want to moan at anyone.

The lyric 'I'll Tell You' was written on a whim a bit like the Jonnie Peacock one ( http://stephcarfrae.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/today-is-my-someday.html ), but this one is about Danny Jones from McFLY who I profess was my main inspiration for writing lyrics in the first place.
It's about a lover helping you stand up for what you believe in, no matter what you believe in. At least, that was the original idea! I hope you like it!

I’LL TELL YOU

 

V1:

When I need reassurance you’re always on hand

When I feel weak you help me stand

Up outta the crowd

And my heart begins to pound

Then you say

 

Chorus:

Don’t be afraid to be who you are

You’re the one constant in my heart

Don’t be afraid to shine like a star

As I strum on my guitar

I’ll tell you I love you

 

V2:

When I wanna give up the fight

You always stand strong by my side

You battle with the loneliness that has consumed me many years

When my eyes brim with tears

You say

(Repeat Chorus)

M8:

No no no

Don’t give up

Don’t say ooh I’ve had enough

You never let me fall

You catch me through it all

I cannot imagine life without you

Let’s hope (and pray) I never have to

Ooh

Don’t be afraid to be who you are

One constant in my heart

Don’t be afraid to shine like a star

You know I’ll be with you wherever you are

As I strum on my guitar

I’ll say

I can’t deny it anymore there’s just no way

I love you.

 

Copyright © 2010 Stephanie Carfrae. All Rights Reserved.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment