Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Things Are Not Clear Cut Part 52

From Ellie's pov

According to Lance, Jamie didn't know him before I mentioned him. It came out in the big heart to heart before my memory reawakened. It isn't all there but hopefully people with me can help me fill in the blanks as we go along.
Jamie came into my room in the morning. 'Why did you lie to me?' I said as casually as my temper would let me. 'What do you mean?' he said softly.
'You didn't know Lance,' I said simply.
He hesitated. 'I did that so I could see you everyday. If I was totally unrelated to your relationship you wouldn't have let me in. And we are. Now.'

From Jamie's pov

Lance has become a great ally. A great friend. He'll bring the whole family next time and I'll put them up. 'You lied to me. My memory is still in dis-repair and now I don't know if I can trust you, so please get out.'

Ellie's response haunted me for the rest of the day.

I did as she wanted. Guess I had that one coming. I wasn't sure of what I'd do when she found out. Obviously I am thrilled that she has. But it's a bit ironic really. If her memory hadn't have recovered, we'd be stuck in square one. Now we're in square two moving rapidly towards three. I'd have to regain her trust anyway, so this little blunder means it might take longer, but it's so good for her to have her memory back. And that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment