Powered By Blogger

Thursday 6 September 2012

'Today Is My Someday'

Hot off the press! I only just wrote this tonight, because I was so inspired by the British performance in the paralympics. Everyone whor got a medal tonight is a true hero in my eyes - Dave Weir to first timer Jonnie Peacock. Honestly can't believe that that was Jonnie's first games he had such great composure and just stormed the field! He is a lil' gorgeous too!

So my song (although it's a love song and maybe wishful thinking about Jonnie on my part) is dedicated to the truimph of the 2012 games - both paralympic and olympic!

I was just too excited to wait another week to share this with you guys - and yes, I will be posting next Wednesday as per usual. Any comments welcome, either on here, on facebook or on my twitter @steph_carfrae !!

So here it is. Hope you like it!!

It's called: Today Is My Someday

V1:
I am so intrigued by you
Got me taking a leave of absence for you
I wanna know more about what you do
So let the rain pour c’mon and show me the truth
I’ll tell you one thing I’m not gonna lie
I think you’ll fall about a thousand times
But everyone needs that to come back with more venom
Next time you just see who’s laughing

Chorus:
I know I can hold you when the nights get colder
I know for me you never have a cold shoulder
And I can betcha
That I’m gonna make my someday today
I know I can cry on your shoulder
When the days and nights get colder
And I can betcha
That today is my someday
Hey

V2:
I am impressed by you
You’re so smartly dressed and good looking too
Just keep talking wind the hours away
I’m mesmerized you’ve got me in a daze
But I ain’t complaining oh no no
You just show me the way to go
It’s taken you to inspire me
Next time we’ll just see who’s laughing
(Repeat Chorus)
M8:
Have you ever thought about
The best feeling in the world
I know without doubt
It’s being called your girl
Cos oh yes I know
(Repeat Chorus)

Steph Carfrae © 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment