Powered By Blogger

Sunday 22 February 2015

How To Admit You're Wrong

When we get wrapped up in our own head; we often think things will turn out worse than they do in reality. Most people won't react as badly as we make out in our head. I personally believe our brain's are wired cynically and to override them with positivity is a massive achievement. But you do have to work hard at it. It can take years to change your thought pattern.



Even now, I was reluctant to admit a problem that I had to my mother and very reluctant to admit that I'd fallen over just that morning when my physio came to see me. I thought I'd never hear the end of it if I admitted that. I was scared of getting told off. That's a big hurdle to make it pastSo when eventually I admitted it and it wasn't as bad as I had expected.Because situations like these arise all the time, but by admitting it I found that they had my best interests at heart, were worried about my safety rather than shouting at me. I was aware of what I'd done wrong - taking too bigger a step - which I learnt from.


And maybe that's the bit that people don't like. Not just admitting they were wrong, but admitting why they were wrong. And I don't understand this.



Admitting you're wrong is hard and there's no easy way around that. But admitting why you were wrong helps you grow as a person and helps next time you try to accomplish whatever it is that you are doing. It is overcoming your pride and this can be embarassing. You won't neccessarily want to admit it out loud but it'll help you grow and flourish.



Some people can't see why and where they go wrong, and if you point it out you'll probably get your head bitten off. This is something that people have to work out for themselves, however long that takes.

Everyone makes mistakes but it how you deal with it, learning from it and owning up when you are wrong. Nothing is ever a failure if it teaches you something.

No comments:

Post a Comment