Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 19 February 2014

'Brighter Tomorrow'

This lyric I wrote quite a while ago. I think way too many people focus on the past when it comes to relationships or otherwise. It's only the future we have control over, the past has been and gone and there's nothing we can do to change it. We can only learn and try not to repeat mistakes. Just because that is how something worked out last time, it doesn't mean it will this time. Go into situations optimistically and though it may not work out, at least you will feel better about it. If you go into a situation negatively, chances are it won't work out and you will feel bad that it didn't work out.
 

V1:

I wanted to hold onto the memory

Of you loving me

But yesterday has come and gone

It’s time to sing a new song

Cos you’re not worth it

We were only picture perfect

You’re not worth the tears I cry

You are not worth this painful goodbye

 

Chorus:

But I’ll give it to you

If you want the tears to prove

How mad I was in love with you

I will let it show

No time to regret tears on my pillow

I’ve got my sights set on a brighter tomorrow

 

V2:

I wanted to recall the happy times

When your love was mine

But I cannot find any

Maybe it’s cos you never loved me

Cos you are not worth it

Wandered around thinking you were perfect

You’re not worth the shadows in my mind

You are not worth this life of mine

(Repeat Chorus)

M8:

Baby I’ll give you what you want

You wanna see me fall

Look at what you got

I hope it satisfies you

To see a girl so downhearted and blue

Cos I’ll give it to you

If you want the, the tears to prove

That I really loved you

I will let it show

No time to waste regretting tears on my pillow

Cos I’ve got my sights set

For a brighter

A brighter tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment