Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 14 November 2012

'Can't Let Go'

Sorry for such a ridiculous hold-up! But it's here now! I hope the wait has been worthwhile! I'll let you be the judge.

Now, I wrote this after a holiday about a guy I'd met there. For a couple of summers, we met up and I  rewrote this lyric after those summers. I hope you like it.


It's called: CAN’T LET GO

 

V1:

Did you see me as I crept?

Outta my dreams into yours

And as you slept

I felt myself falling, falling for you

It was in a glance

From that moment on I knew you’d be my summer romance

And I kept an eye on you

Cos baby you know that you’re so cute

 

Chorus:

I can’t let go

I’ve come too far

I’ve committed my heart

I can’t let go

I’ve been here too long

I just can’t move on

 

V2:

Did you see me as I went?

Outta that door into the night

You know when I left

I wished you were by my side

It was from a look

You must have known you had me hooked

And I must have walked into a dream

Cos baby this is such a beautiful scene

(Repeat Chorus)

M8:

Cos I no I can’t let go

Let go of you

It’s a thing I’d never do

I’ve come in way too far

More than ankle deep – baby

I’ve a very strong committed heart

That’s what I can blame when it all falls apart

I can’t let go

Let go of you

You know it’s a thing I’d never do

I’ve been here too long now

I just can’t move on.

 
Copyright © 2011 Stephanie Carfrae.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment