Powered By Blogger

Sunday 29 November 2015

'Dignified'

Chorus:
I wanna be dignified
Just let you pass on by
I'm not gonna place the blame
At your name
You played your part
You did fully deserve my heart
I wanna be dignified tonight

V1:
I know that some things fall apart
So that better things can start
Now I can't wait for what's heading my way
If it's true what they say
It's gotta be good
To beat you
(Repeat Chorus)
V2:
What we had we can't replace
And I'm grateful for every smile on your face
But the time has come to move on
I hope you respect me enough to move along
Now we must part ways
I'll be missing you every day but
(Repeat Chorus)
M8:
I'm not gonna pretend like it meant nothing
Cos you know it meant a great deal
And I know I'm not gonna get back
The way you make me feel
But the sun is rising on a new day
And we can't go on loving this way
So dignified I'll be dignified
Hide those tears in my eyes
I don't wanna place the blame
At your name no-o
Cos you played your part like a star.

Copyright © 2010 Stephanie Carfrae. All Rights Reserved.

*You know how it is. When you just want to be 'normal' with someone again and stop seeing them as everything you never had but want. I wrote this lyric at university a few years before I got into the routine of having relationships. This was written about someone who was a passing fancy. I'd fallen deep for him. But this was the first step to getting over him. 

Steph

XxX*

No comments:

Post a Comment