Powered By Blogger

Saturday 17 August 2013

Review of 'Love Letters' by Katie Fforde

I was way too excited to post this...I hope you like it
 
I have just finished ‘Love Letters’ by Katie Fforde. And I absolutely loved it. I was encapsulated by every word and it is a real page turner. While Laura’s character is much like my own, quiet but changed by her experiences at university, the revealing of feelings should, I feel, have taken place earlier. Then it would be a typical romantic book. But it wasn’t, because it kept me on tenterhooks until page 365, which is quite a feat in itself. It was a very ethicising read because the things that happened were so unexpected. Laura has dealt with the fact that Dermot does not return her love, and is settling down for the night at home when he nearly knocks her door down! Though it was hard, she had finally accepted that he didn’t want anything and was moving forward with her life when he comes crashing back into her life and turned it upside down. Again. There is a lot that happens in this book which ends with Dermot confirming whether its love between them or not – I think it’s very important that he has the last word in this case – and results in Laura Horsley landing her dream job.

A very fun read, and definitely relatable.

Thanks for reading.

Steph

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment