Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 30 August 2017

Gliding!

Last week I went gliding!

 It honestly felt surreal.

To be flying through the air on nothing but wind power honestly felt strange!

 I honestly thought it would be quite bumpy, however I had a very excellent pilot in the seat behind me who did all the manoeuvring onto air currents to keep us in the air.

The warmer the air the longer we had up there.

I was first in the glider so didn't know what to expect!

I was strapped into a parachute and moments later we took off.

And when you go up it's at speed.

It's almost vertical the way you take off.

We were attached to a winch which makes a loud bang as you are released from it.

And then you are coming back down gently and  slowly.

Honestly to see London like that was amazing.

It was a Kent air field. Kenley.

I was there with a charity called Sportability. Sportability ( www.sportability.org.uk ) is such a good charity.

Their credo is:  To take the ‘dis’ out of disability; focus on ability; inspiring the thought, “If I can do this, what else can I achieve?” 

It was my first time at an event of theirs and I hope to be doing many more in the future. 

Not to mention all the fantastic people I met! 


Steph

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment